Friday, February 17, 2012

Birthday and Orchids

Breakfast in bed, a trip to the Botanical Gardens to see the beautiful display of orchids, dinner cooked by Graham and Addy, and now girls in bed and time for an evening cocktail.  Yes, I got spoiled today for my birthday.  I'm a pretty lucky woman.

Here are a few shots from our afternoon adventure to Orchid Mania.


Addy:  "Mom, I see the chameleon!"  


Beautiful butterflies.

And orchids.  Lots and lots of orchids.

Playing in the kids' corner.  Here's our little chef.

I can just hear her saying, "Enough with the camera, Mom.  Get out of my kitchen!"

Managing the Or-Kid Country Store.

Did you know that the vanilla bean actually comes from an orchid plant?  I didn't.  And the orchid right new to this was one of my favorites..it's purple in color, but give it a sniff, and all you can envision is chocolate.


The theme to this year's show was the roaring 20's and this display was in a room with some great jazz music playing.  There must have been four or five of these "columns," sweeping you right off your feet.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Leslie said...

It looks like a wonderful birthday! I'm so glad you had a good day! Orchid mania looks fun - I need to get over there!

Shirley Pastore McCormack said...

I LOVE the orchid show. It gets you in the mood for spring. Glad you had a great day.

Cynthia said...

Happy belated birthday Jenn! Love seeing your cutie pie kids!